Friday, April 5, 2013

Potteryyyy!!!

Earlier this week, I got an opportunity to go with a friend to a pottery class she takes at the Corcoran Gallery of Art in DC. I was really excited to try something new, as I like to see just how far my creative juices can take me lol. I've never done anything pottery related...unless Color Me Mine in Adams Morgan counts. I forgot most of the terms but there was some "throwing", "compressing of the rim"...that's all I remember lol. It was fun and pretty messy, which I was prepared for but not my clothes. Anywho, after I completely failed on my first two or three attempts, I started to get a little better. Still sucked lol...but better.

Here's one bowl I failed on and brought back to life lol...


Just gave it a little ripple effect around the rim...never know the difference *sarcasm*. Then, I made this little bowl here. Came out pretty decent...


It was fun!! No doubt the painting/designing will be my favorite part though lol.

We also walked around to some of the different exhibits at Corcoran before starting the pottery. Definitely some interesting works in there and I need to go back when I have more time to look around. I did take a few pics of the exhibits I saw...



The two people standing on the carpet were doing some kind of performance art. The part I saw entailed them walking around on the carpet sipping wine, never being on the same side of the carpet. No, I didn't get it lol. Then, I saw a picture on Instagram of this performance and somehow the guy ended up butt naked with lettuce covering his yeah and he was laying on the ground...then, I got it even less lol. Wish I could've seen the whole thing.




This one is called "Untitled Hole (for their sins)" lol...


She actually gave away some of the bread she made...


Old photos of GoGo bands and old flyers from the Pump Me Up: D.C. Subculture of the 1980s exhibit...



Saw the GoGo exhibit in passing, hence the lack of pictures.
Last is the Ill Street Blues exhibit. Floor to ceiling STREET ART!!! I love street art.








The Corcoran Gallery is really cool. Didn't get to take too many pics, but there was a lot of cool stuff in there. Plan a trip! You can get more info on their exhibits and whatever else your heart desires here.

Stay inspired.

No comments:

Post a Comment