Tuesday, February 18, 2014

EXTRAordinary People | Tiffani Nicole Denham



Tiffani Nicole Denham
Creator and Owner of JiHe (Jewel in His eye) Jewelry 

First interview of the year!! Woohoo! So, I love this here Southern Belle lol...straight from Memphis, TN. She shares with us her wonderful selection of jewelry and her passion for living a purposeful life.  She is VERY inspiring, and I hope her story motivates you to live with purpose as it has me!

Without further ado...   





W&I: What INSPIRED you?

Tiffani: I LOVE people, so anything that keeps me interacting and connecting with them constantly, I’m all for! Oh, and I have a thing for fashion too, hahahaha!

Before I started JiHe, I always felt there HAD to be more to my life than what I was doing... work, church, alumni association involvement, etc. I just could not figure out what it was. I remember sitting on a plane back in the spring of 2012, crying to a complete stranger because I couldn't figure out what I love to do that would make an impact in the lives of those I came in contact with. A few days after that I had a series of dreams.

In the dreams, I was shown three things that I am passionate about, children, maintaining a healthy lifestyle and fashion. The fashion dream was the last in the series and the one that stood out to me the most. I saw a bracelet, so simple, so dainty, so beautiful and I had never seen one like it in real life before. The entire day after having that dream, I saw that bracelet in my mind and I said, “I am going to make it!” I did and it was a'ight, nothing spectacular. That didn’t discourage me though. I started making jewelry for my family, my mom, brother, his girlfriend, pretty much anyone that would wear my pieces. However, I quickly found out how difficult it was to build an inventory AND work a 40 hr a week job, darn responsibilities! So I started to research how I could continue to move down the same path of starting a jewelry business without making all my pieces and I began to find quality wholesale jewelry. This is how JiHe Jewelry all started.

W&I: What keeps you WIRED?

Tiffani: PEOPLE! The people I service, my supporters, lovers of JiHe. And the fact that I know that this is what I am supposed to be doing, that is what keeps me motivated.  


I must be honest, it wasn’t always this way. I often struggled with how God could lead me to start a jewelry business and be involved in an industry that was so shallow, so self-centered focused. After all, when I said I wanted to be used by God for His glory, it was supposed to be something directly related to ministry, wasn’t it? It took me a minute to get this point. I don’t know everything else God has in store for JiHe Jewelry but I am confident that God created JiHe for His glory.

W&I: How do you hope to inspire others?


Tiffani: I hope to inspire others to consistently search for the answer to the question, “Why was I created, what did God have in mind when He made me?” When that answer is discovered, there isn’t anything that can to stop you from achieving His plan. We were all created to do something.

W&I: Words of wisdom?

Tiffani: Don't be afraid to start, even if everything isn't perfect, because it never will be. And when you do start, don't be afraid to make the needed changes to advance your business. Since starting JiHe, I have transitioned from providing both handmade and wholesale jewelry to mainly just wholesale. I realized I wasn't as successful at designing and making jewelry as I thought I would be. But where I am successful is selecting one of a kind, unique, eye catching peices that people enjoy wearing. I recognized what I was good at and I did that.

W&I: We want to know more?!!

Tiffani: Serving is a huge part of what I feel God created JiHe for. JiHe is currently in the process of partnering with other small businesses to host a benefit fashion show later this year. All the proceeds from the fashion show will aid in the awareness of and provide assistance to women and children that have been affected by domestic violence. Having grown up in a home where abuse was present, never once did I think the pain I felt as a child would aid in someone else's recovery.


Every JiHe purchase comes with a free cross bracelet (shown at right). And starting this year, along with the bracelet, each purchase will also come with a bible verse.

JiHe Jewelry wants to connect with you! Friend us on Facebook @ facebook.com/jihejewelry. Follow us on Instagram @jihejewelry. We also can be reached via email at jihejewelry@gmail.com
W&I: This is AWESOME! Especially the part where you encourage us to keep pressing forward even if everything isn't perfect and to not be afraid to make changes along the way. Sometimes these things hold us back...when we can't see the complete picture up front. I know it has been a hindrance for me in some instances. This was a very inspiring interview. Thanks for participating and I wish you the BEST!!


Stay Inspired.

2 comments: