Friday, December 7, 2012

Time Well Spent??

Source
One of my friends shared an article with me from Relevant Magazine the other day titled "5 Things We Will Wish We'd Done Differently". It was one of those articles that really make you think about the way you're spending your life and it focused specifically on this generation...a look at how we will view our past in the future from a present standpoint...make sense?lol It makes you ponder on things like "Will I regret those many hours of my life that I spent on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Tumblr, etc., instead of socializing and sharing experiences with my loved ones in person or going out and doing something productive? No doubt, you can be productive on social networks, but most of the time...come on...we are not lol.

I had a similar, but more morbid, scenario placed before me a couple of years. I was at a real estate investment seminar...they really try to tug at your emotions at some of these things lol...and they asked us to write out our obituaries. To ponder on what people will say about you when you die. As a younger 20-something I said, "nah, I'm not about that life" lol, but as I've gotten older, I do think about things like that from time to time. Not necessarily my own funeral, but what I'm doing to touch the lives of others. Am I living a selfish or selfless life? There are SO MANY things out here to distract us from what really matters. It's important to stop and think about things like this and gauge how we're living. Check out the article over at Relevant Magazine here!!!

Are you making the best of the time allotted to you?

Stay Inspired!!

No comments:

Post a Comment