Tuesday, September 27, 2016

DIY | Self Love Mirror Project

This past weekend, I had the opportunity to talk to a group of young ladies about loving themselves and...because I'm me...there had to be some element of creativity. It has been a whiiiiiile since the last time I posted something (fixing that), so I thought I'd share this craft activity. It came out great!!


The mirrors were made with plates from the dollar store, flowers from Michaels, small round mirrors, and chalk markers. In the spirit of self love, I asked the ladies to write themselves a message on the mirror...a favorite quote, an affirmation, a single word...something that would serve as a reminder for how awesome, valuable, and worthy they are. They came up with some GREAT messages. Here are a few:

"You're a work of ART. Not everyone will understand you, but the ones who do will NEVER forget you."

"Bloom Beautifully"
"I'm thankful for my struggle because without it, I wouldn't have stumbled across my STRENGTH." 

"You are beautiful no matter what they say!!"
"STOP DOUBTING YOURSELF. BE BRAVE. BE BOLD. CONFIDENCE"

"Every flower must grow through dirt"
"Be confident in who you are!! SLAY"

I loved it...all of it.

Materials

  • Silver plates (Dollar Tree)
  • Round mirrors
  • Fake flowers (Michaels) I purchased hydrangeas because I knew I wanted a bunch of small flowers and one hydrangea provided a lot of flowers.
  • Scissors
  • Chalk markers
  • E6000 glue (optional...Michaels/Amazon)
  • Glue gun

Instructions
1. Measure across the inside area of the plate you will be gluing the mirror to. Mine were a little larger than 7", so I ordered the 7" round mirrors from consumer crafts. Dollar Tree had some really nice, lightweight silver plates. I used E6000 glue to adhere the mirror to the middle of the plate, but a glue gun works too. 

2. Cut flowers off of their stems. Make sure you have a good pair of scissors.

3. I laid out my flowers on the rim of the plate to get an idea for how I wanted to glue them...then got to gluing!! I used my glue gun for this.

4. Once you finish gluing on all the flowers, use your chalk markers to add a message of self love!!!
"QUEEN"
"Stunning. Unabashed. Unapologetically His."

You can glue magnets or some hardware on the back to hang it up. Depending on the weight of the plate you use, you can try command strips (what I will be using). Now make a mirror and show yourself some loooove!!

Stay Inspired.

No comments:

Post a Comment