Thursday, January 3, 2013

DIY | Crafting Tape Frames

HOLA!!! Happy New Year!!! Every time the new year rolls around, I write out all the things I want to accomplish in that year BUT this year I wanted to do something different. I still made my normal list and printed it out like 10 times so I see it everywhere, but I also wanted to make a visual representation of my goals, in addition to the list. I'm also in need of an inspiration board for my art related ventures, so I threw that in too. Here's what I ended up with so far...





I used SMASH crafting tape (I love that brand) for the frames and some stickers for the words. All came from Michaels. Very simple to do. I already put enough holes in the wall, so I thought tape would be a nice change lol...and cheaper...and I think it's cool. I also bought a bunch of colorful to tape to put up pictures, notes...whatever I decide to fill those blank spaces with. This is also a cool and unique idea for displaying pictures and artwork. Give it a go!!


Materials:

  • Level
  • Pencil
  • Stickers (optional)
  • Crafting tape
  • Scissors

Instructions:

1) Use the level and a pencil to draw out your frame. If you don't have a level, start with a good horizontal line (eyeball it) and then find something with a right angle to help draw out your frame...and you'll need a ruler or some kind of straight edge. You can also trace around something. That's all the sans-level ideas I have lol.

2) Place the crafting tape you want to use as a frame along your pencil drawings. You can also add stickers if you'd like.

3) Fill er up! ...that's pretty much it. 

I'll post some pics once I have stuff inside the frames.

Stay Inspired.

1 comment:

  1. This is a great idea. I think I will have to do a visual representation of my goals, too. But first I have to write them down :) btw love the new header; very cute.

    ReplyDelete