Monday, September 17, 2012

EXTRAordinary People | Roshun Harris, LCPC






ROSHUN HARRIS, LCPC
Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor






W&I: Where are you from?

Roshun: Baltimore, MD; I attended University of Maryland-College Park (Family Studies-BS Degree) and Bowie State (Counseling Psychology-Master's Degree).

W&I: Tell us a little about what you do?

Roshun: The practice has been in existence since 2011. We are fairly new and getting off the ground. We offer in-home and in-office individual, family, and group counseling. We address depression, anger issues, grief, and trauma. We serve all ages.

W&I: What INSPIRED you?

Roshun: I was learning that a lot of people missed out on quality mental health care because they could not access transportation or keep appointments. So, I thought it would be convenient to go to clients’ homes, as I did when working with other agencies.

W&I: What keeps you WIRED?

Roshun: Just knowing I am helping others and to always serve my clients as best as I can. Right now, I am looking for male counselors to better serve my youth male clients. There has been a request from past clients to have a counselor that they feel can relate to them. I want them to know I am listening to their desires.

W&I: How do you hope to inspire others?

Roshun: I just want people to know that life does have its horrible spots, including events we cannot control, but it’s how you respond to the situation that determines the actual outcome.  Everything that happens, happens for a reason and usually there’s a lesson in that event. Be sure to listen and learn so that you can pass the test.

W&I: Words of wisdom for others that may want to do what you do?

Roshun: Always be genuine and have the client’s best interest at heart.

W&I: We want to know more?!!

Roshun: We have an area-wide campaign to find more Licensed Counselors, especially male counselors. We are also expanding our practice to include Medicaid as a form of payment. 

You can visit us on our website at www.roshunharrislcpc.com; Follow us on Twitter at @RoshunHarrisLCP

W&I: Check out her website and if you know any counselors...especially males, let them know about this opportunity!

No comments:

Post a Comment