Monday, July 2, 2012

Eating to Live

I'm what some may like to call a conspiracy theorist...I just like to call myself a truth seeker lol. You're damn right I'm going to question EVERYTHING! I don't care how many degrees you have or how much experience you claim to have. I'll hear you out, but I'm going to do my own research before I draw any conclusions. Now that you have that background lol, the food I eat...and all the things they're doing to our food (hormones, genetically modified food, pesticides, processed foods, etc.)...have motivated me to take a closer look at what I'm eating and how it affects my health. I've watched a ton of documentaries, read a plethora of articles, and scoured googobs of health websites and blogs over the past 5 or more years. My mom is the only person in life I've ever heard use the word googob lol. Anyway, I have come to believe that a lot of the diseases and health issues people suffer with today can be solved by simply changing their diet. I wish I could remember the first documentary I watched years ago that opened my eyes to this world. It was about how there's all this research that shows you can cure cancer through diet...that cancer is a vitamin deficiency. Looking into stuff like this will piss you off. All these people getting burnt, drugged and cut up and all they had to do was change how they ate? But we all know what that'$ about. Very interesting stuff and you can find information like this in tons of places.

As a country, we eat pretty crappy and it shows in our health statistics compared to other parts of the world that aren't so McDonalds-laden lol. I don't want to be a part of that number. To start my journey to good health, I'm going to do a juice fast. Let me stop and throw this random point in here. Just because you're skinny, doesn't mean you're healthy. There have been times when I stated I wanted to exercise more and eat right and people would look at me like..why? lol. Am I supposed to just disregard my health because I'm not overweight? I can get diabetes, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, cancer, etc. just like anyone else. Back to the juice fast...I just want to start over with a clean slate and I decided to do it through juicing. I've been juicing for a while, just never for a fast. I'm still trying to decide how long it should be and when I should start. It's definitely going to be after the 4th of July. I have cookouts to attend lol.

I also cut out pork and milk the beginning of this year...the result of some other research. I never really was a huge fan of milk itself but I loooooooove me some cereal. It's like the best meal ever lol. I now use vanilla almond milk instead. I'll likely eat other meats and dairy products for the rest of my life lol...just in much smaller quantities and frequency. I don't want to be a vegan or vegetarian...I don't think. I got the idea to do a juice fast from this documentary I watched not too long called "Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead"...which, I posted below for your viewing pleasure :). HBO also had a good documentary on health in America called "The Weight of the Nation". You can still view it on HBO GO. I'm not sure about HBO On Demand...don't have that luxury lol. I would think you could, however, if it's on HBO GO. I'm going to keep track of any differences I see and share my juice/smoothie recipes when I get all of that together. My motivation is to live a healthy, full life...can't necessarily guarantee length lol...but I want to be full of energy and a vivrant thang 'til I go lol. I look at some older people and see all that they have to go through and how many suffer from the choices that they made in their youth and it motivates me to make changes for the better NOW. That documentary I mentioned...

No comments:

Post a Comment