Friday, April 13, 2012

Creativity365 Day 38

Today's Instructions: Work only with toilet paper tubes and/or paper towel tubes today.

Tada...



If you already checked out the Under The Influence post for April, then you've seen these beauties but, for everyone else, I got the idea to make these flowers from Korrine Wojcik's blog, DIY Projects. I followed her instructions with the only difference being that I added more color. I painted the petals prior to gluing anything together and let them dry first, then I moved on to the next steps. These flowers are sturdy! I don't know if it's because I painted them or what but they feel like they're made out of wood now. I showed these to my mom and she loved them!! Now she got people at the job bringing her toilet paper rolls lol. However, she had her own idea for how she wants to use them. She wants to use them as candle holders...sans the stem and with the glass around the candle of course. Don't try to play my mom, she knows it's paper. I did try to play her though..."Moooom you know these are paper right?"lol Candle holders are a cute idea. Go mom! I'm not going to go through all the instructions for these because I provided a link above for the ones I used, but I'll list the materials.

Materials
  • Acrylic paints
  • Toilet paper tubes (2 per flower)
  • Brown paper bag (for stem)
  • 28 guage wire (for stem)
  • Wire cutter
  • Pages from book or magazine (leaves under flower petals)
  • Scissors
  • Glue gun
  • Buttons

Stay inspired.

No comments:

Post a Comment