Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Creativity365 Day 43

Today's Instructions: Waste not. Dig in a recycling bin for all of today's materials. 

No digging in recycling bins took place here...just snatched up these bottle caps after a couple of family and friend functions lol. Today I made bottle cap magnets and I love them!!


These were very easy to make. I was being fast and kinda dropped huge amounts of gloss glaze over the pictures so some of the words got blurry, but I think they still came out nice. Here are the materials I used and instructions...

Materials:
  • Bottle caps
  • Magazine...or pictures of choice
  • Spray paint...or you can leave the original design on the cap
  • Quarter
  • Pen or pencil
  • Scissors
  • Small magnets
  • Glue
  • Gloss glaze
  • Paint brush

Instructions:
1. If desired, spray paint bottle caps on both sides in desired colors.


2. Use a quarter to trace a circle around your image. A quarter is the perfect size for the inside of the cap. I decided to use different words out of a magazine so I just traced around the words and cut it out with my Xacto knife. 


3. Glue the cutout inside the bottle cap once they're dry from being spray painted...if you did that.

4. Brush on the gloss glaze over the cutout and let it dry. Feel free to add as many layers as you want until you get the desired thickness. 


5. Once that dries, glue your magnet to the back of the bottle cap and you're DONE!! 

This would be fun to do with kids and maybe you can sneak in going over letters and words (if you plan to use those). I'm all about tricking kids into learning lol. 

Stay inspired.

No comments:

Post a Comment