Friday, May 18, 2012

EXTRAordinary People | Xavier Brown

(Top right)





XAVIER BROWN
Director of Urban Agriculture for The Green Scheme


Ladies and gentlemen, it is with great pleasure that I introduce you to Xavier Brown, Washington, DC native ("Uptown baby!!" << that's what he said lol) and Director of Urban Agriculture for The Green Scheme!! I introduced The Green Scheme on the blog two days ago and now we get to hear from one their key players. He's doing awesome things in the community and recently became a citizen forester with Casey Trees! Without further ado...







W&I: What INSPIRED you?

Xavier: My biggest inspirations come from seeing all my friends go after their dreams whether it's you with your art and blog or Ross with his managing company or Brittany with Greensboro’s heart or Ronnie and Joelle with The Green Scheme or Ebony working to be a doctor and BG with his fitness business. The list goes on. Watching all of my friends accomplish their goals and create new ones is a never ending inspiration to me. It drives me to reach my full potential to keep struggling and climbing to the top. We have to keep good people around us so we can constantly stay inspired. Another inspiration is Will Allen and his Urban Farm that he has in Milwaukee.

W&I: What keeps you WIRED?

Xavier: I am motivated by the people. Being able to create a positive change in the city that I love keeps me enthusiastic and excited. The energy that I put into teaching and helping others is returned back to me. It's like a cycle of positive energy. There is so much work that needs to be done. I am constantly motivated by new challenges to make a difference.  Also, realizing that I am one of the few young African Americans working in the Urban Agriculture movement in DC keeps me hungry and motivated.

W&I: How do you hope to inspire others?

Xavier: I hope to inspire people to take a more active role in their communities!

W&I: Words of wisdom?

Xavier: There is no such thing as failure until you accept it!! Set goals and make a plan to accomplish your goals. Then go hard for it!

W&I: We want to know more?!!

Xavier: This is going to be a very busy summer with urban agriculture and urban farming. The Green Scheme is currently working on a community garden at the Egypt Health Center on Minnesota Ave. Visit  www.TheGreenScheme.org to find out any information about events. You can also find us on Facebook>> TheGreenScheme and Twitter>> @TheGreenScheme_  @GreenSchemeX

W&I: Keep up the awesome work and hopefully I'll get to come out and volunteer at one of your events soon!

1 comment:

  1. This is a proven example of how following your dreams and hard work can blossom right in front of your eyes

    ReplyDelete