Monday, May 7, 2012

ARTOMATIC 2012 and my life...

So guess what...I'm participating in Artomatic this year!!!! Wooohoooo!!! I talked about the event in a previous post. It's pretty much a gigantic space, an office building, full of the arts...2D art, sculptures, performing artists, poetry, workshops for adults and kids, film, photography...and the list goes on. I first heard about and visited this event in 2009 and KNEW I had to be a part of it next go round. Well, I'm in there. Only thing is...this is what my space currently looks like...


And it has this stupid thing going down the middle...


I have to rip that off and then it's going to end up looking like this...


And then I have to get my HGTV on and get the space up to my level lol...by this Sunday...no lol there. This week is going to be a killer. Late nights and early mornings and I have a TON of stuff to do. I normally wouldn't do this to myself, but I've been traveling a lot recently and that held up some progress. I'll keep you all posted on what's happening. No 365 projects this week...don't have the time lol. We're just going to love these teachers because it's TEACHER APPRECIATION WEEK!!! Go show one some love...take 'em out to lunch or something.

Oh and here's a painting that I did last week for nonprofit, DC SCORES. Every year, they have an art auction to raise funds for the organization. The art they auction off is donated by artists and it's something I enjoy doing. One of the things the organization does with the kids is write poetry. So, they ask that you pick a poem written by one of the kids and paint something inspired by it. I picked an MLK poem. They have a gala along with the auction and I was told by one of the staff members that I would be introduced to the girl whose poem inspired my painting...I'm excited about that :). I forgot to take a picture of my painting, so I snapped one while it was riding in my passenger lol...you get the idea.


Well, pray for me this week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment