Wednesday, June 27, 2012

EXTRAordinary People | Shareefah Lewis




 SHAREEFAH LEWIS
Hairstylist and Owner of Extended Illusions


Ladies and gents, it is with great pleasure that I introduce you to the exquisite hairstylist, Shareefah Lewis. She is originally from South Orange, NJ and currently resides in Fort Washington, MD and is the OWNER of salon, Extended Illusions in Waldorf, MD. Her salon specializes in hair and permanent eyelash extensions and their mission is to "release the celebrity inside." Without further ado...




W&I: What INSPIRED you?

Shareefah: I would say, my biggest inspiration is my love and passion for art and fashion.  I grew up in a family that loved being creative.  My grandmother is a hairstylist and my mother, who is a true inspiration, is an interior designer.  I have always been enthralled in creativity.
Full Weave

W&I: What keeps you WIRED?

Shareefah: My passion for success in the cosmetology industry keeps me motivated.  Knowing that there are so many avenues to take in this business is amazing, the choices are unlimited.  Hair styling is just the tip of the iceberg.  I try to keep myself updated and knowledgeable about new and innovative techniques, services and products. I believe in using the very best product to maintain the integrity of my clients hair.  It also motivates me to see my clients walk out my salon with bouncy healthy hair looking good and blowing in the wind. 

W&I: How do you hope to inspire others?

Shareefah: I hope to inspire others by showing my passion and dedication to my art.  I believe being beautiful does not dictate who we are, however, when we look great on the outside we feel outstanding and confident on the inside.  Confidence allows us to go the distance. Also, to show everyone that following your dreams and identifying your talents will definitely help you become successful. As a young person, I had a hard time trying to decipher what I wanted to do as far as my profession, once I realized that I need to follow my dream and give it my all, doors opened up for me! I love being my own boss and having the opportunity to set my own rules!


Color & Cut
W&I: Words of wisdom?

Shareefah: I would encourage others in this industry to stay focused and true to the art.  There are so many great stylists in this industry, however, for every stylist there are an unlimited amount of opportunities in this business.  Standing behind the chair isn't the only way to succeed.  Continue to learn new techniques and take every class available.  The best thing I ever did as an up and coming stylist in this area was to train under topnotch stylists in the industry.  Find a stylist to take you under their wing and teach you the things you need to know.  Always remember the universe is abundant and success is unlimited there is always enough to go around.

W&I: We want to know more?!!

Shareefah: Extended Illusions will be offering a free full extension hair and make-up makeover to two lovely ladies in the DC Metro area.  Details can be located on our Facebook fan page Extended Illusions, so make sure you Like the page.  You can also find product reviews, style photos, and hair care tips on our fan page.  We are launching a mobile spa service, so stay tuned for that along with our high quality Indian and Brazilian hair line.


Salon Info
Extended Illusions
3027 Festival Way, Suite 115
Waldorf, MD 20601
Phone: (240)602-8168
   
W&I: Thank you for this very inspiring interview!! I know I can't wait to be my own boss :). Love your styles and wish you continued success. Be sure to check out her Facebook fan page especially if you're in the DC Metro area!

No comments:

Post a Comment