Monday, February 27, 2012

Creativity365 Day 14


Today’s Instructions: Write a limerick about yourself or your hometown (“There was a young fellow from Richmond...”)


Limerick: A five-line, rhyming, humorous, traditional Irish poem. The first, second, and fifth lines are usually longer and all end with a word that rhymes with the same sound. The third and fourth lines are shorter and end with their own distinct rhyming sound:

There once was a lover of bone
Whose favorite was one of his own.
It waits in his head
Until he is dead
But at least he’s never alone.

I chose to do a limerick about my “hometown”...I don’t claim where I currently reside as my hometown but I wanted to write about it lol. So here goes...

In a faraway town just south of West Bubble,
There is no train, no cab, and no shuttle.
The traffic it sucks
So the gas is big bucks.
My disdain for this place is not subtle.


This makes me laugh. Ok, I don't dislike it that much...but still.

No comments:

Post a Comment