Monday, March 5, 2012

Inspired Art for DC SCORES!!



DC SCORES is a non-profit organization that motivates kids to lead healthy lifestyles, do well in school, be creative individuals, be team players, and get involved in bettering their communities. They provide after-school programs for over 800 low-income DC youth as well as free summer camps through their “Couch to Camp Campaign”.

For all you artists out there, DC SCORES holds the Inspired Art Gala every year. Participating artists have the opportunity to create art inspired by original poems written by youth poets in the program. These kids are talented!! The artwork is then sold in a silent auction at the gala. This is one of DC SCORES largest fundraisers. It’s really cool and you get to attend the gala!! I participated in 2010 and 2011 but, I have yet to make it to the gala. Last year, I was in Cabo and I don’t remember why I missed it the year before that but, this year I’m in there!! You should do it too!

This year, the DC SCORES Inspired Art Gala will be held Thursday, May 17, at the Carnegie Institute of Washington. 

For more info on DC SCORES and donating art to the auction, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment