Thursday, March 8, 2012

Creativity365 Day 24

Today's Instructions:  Make a paper pop-up.

I don't know if this classifies as a true pop up...they're a little more involved than what I made...but, I wanted to make something that could go on my desk and this is what I came up with :).


I like how this came out. I may have to make a couple more and make it a whole set of positivity lol. It was really easy to make and didn't take too long at all. Here is how I made it if you want to try it out!!

Materials:
  • 3 sheets of cardstock
  • 2" alphabet stencils (could be bigger if you want)
  • Xacto knife
  • Glue stick
  • Scissors  

Instructions:

1. Pick out 3 different cardstock papers in colors or designs to your liking. I chose these three...


2. Stencil out the word of your choice. You can't really see it, but when I stenciled the letters on the sheet, I didn't draw out the bottom part of the letter which would remain attached to the paper so it can stand up. If I drew that part out, I would've forgot and cut it out. If you look closely at the picture you can see what I'm talking about under the S.


3. Cut out the letters with an Xacto knife. Be sure to leave the base of the letters attached to the sheet (what I mentioned in step 2). And when you're using an Xacto knife, make sure it's on a surface you don't mind scratching up. I'm working on top of a thick magazine.


4. After all the letters are cut out, cut an even rectangle around the word. Here I was trying to decide if I wanted the orange to show through my cut out letters or the brown one. I liked the bright color better...orange wins.


5. Cut the cardstock paper that will serve as the background color into the same size rectangle as the one you made for your pop up word.


6. Use the third piece of cardstock paper to serve as a border around the rectangle you already have by cutting it slightly larger. I sat the pop up on the brown cardstock paper and marked it off with a pencil before I cut it.


7. Use your glue stick (or regular glue if you don't have a glue stick) to attach the background rectangle (orange one) to the border rectangle (brown one) and try to center it. I used my handy-dandy pen/glue stick for the job...I love that thing lol.


8. Once those are attached, you can glue the pop up onto the background rectangle. And now you have THIS!!


You should give it a try!! Let me see if you do!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment