Monday, March 19, 2012

March Madness Art Party Recap

A week ago today, I told you all about the March Madness Art Party I would be participating in here. It was this past Friday and I just wanted to show you my artwork and some other artwork that I liked. This event is held annually at the Torpedo Factory in Alexandria, VA to fundraise for the March of Dimes and The Target Gallery (the gallery where the art was shown inside the Torpedo Factory). There were over 200 pieces of art featured on 10" x 10" square panels designed by local artists and students from T. C. Williams High School.


My artwork....


Every time I look at them, I feel like they should be part of an ad for something. For what?...I don't know lol. Maybe it's the marketing major in me.

I didn't name these two pieces, but I'll just go with "Ambition" and "Inspire". They were both done with acrylic paint. I was feeling very "wired and inspired" at the time I created them so that's where the inspiration came from. The "Ambition" piece has a James Baldwin quote that says, "Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it." One of my favorite quotes. The "Inspire" piece has a Maya Angelou quote that says, "Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it." Love that quote too.

Other artwork I loved... Meant to get their names but I forgot : /

Straight sharpie lol. Simple and beautiful.


Love the bright colors and different patterns in this piece.


THIS was super cool. Did you ever think you could do something like this with cans of Monster energy drink?lol


THIS was really cool. Got the shades on and everything lol. This was made with pieces of playing cards.

Here are a couple more pics from the event...





I'm not feeling well at the moment so I don't think I'm going to make it through the Creativity365 project...I'll put that up on Tuesday :).



No comments:

Post a Comment