Friday, March 16, 2012

Creativity365 Day 27

Today's Instructions: Make a puzzle or make something using pieces from a puzzle.

I'm revisiting the theme from Wednesday...in a new way. Today, I made a love letter puzzle. Mushy much?lol Well, I am a little mushy, but you have to be a special kind of individual in my life to know that. This doesn't even have to be a romantic love letter. You can make one of these to give to a friend or a family member. Here are some pics...

Top of box.
Inside the box.
Back of letter pieces. 
Front of letter pieces.
Letter pieces put together.

Materials:
  • Notebook paper
  • Card stock
  • Glue stick
  • Regular craft glue 
  • Small box
  • Two puzzle pieces
  • Paint
  • Permanent Marker

Instructions:

1. Paint the two puzzle pieces in any color you desire. When they dry, write whatever message you want on them. I wrote "YOU" and "ME". 

2. Glue the puzzle pieces to the top of the box.

3. Decide how big your letter and puzzle pieces of your letter will be. The box I was using 3" x 2", so I made my pieces 1.3" x 2".  The letter with all it's pieces together is 4" x 6". I just drew the lines on the notebook paper with a pencil. Do this before actually writing the letter. 

4. Adhere notebook paper to card stock with your glue stick. I use a glue stick for this because notebook paper is so thin and liquid glue tends to make paper soggy or wrinkled. 

5. Write your message. Be sure that a part of your written message touches every puzzle piece of the letter. That'll help them when putting it together. Kind of hard to figure out where a blank piece goes...unless you make real puzzle piece shapes. I just wanted to keep it simple with rectangles lol.

6. Cut it out. Follow the lines you drew in step 3. 

7. Place the pieces in the box.

And you're done!!! Now give it to a loved one and make their day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment